I recently decided to make this for my birthday. I was impressed with the taste of the mango with just a hint of passion fruit but never having made the cake before I could only go from my memory and guess how it was made.
I started with a regular sponge cake to begin with and then made a cream cheese/plain yogurt filling with a little bit of vanilla to spread on top of that.
I then proceeded with making the mango mousse not really knowing if it would work since I had never made it before but to add some freshness I decided to make a mango jelly on the top with pureed mango, lemon juice, orange juice and orange liqueur. It actually turned up pretty good to my surprise since all I had to go on was gut feeling. I decorated with some sliced kiwi fruit and TADA!



At the time being I couldn't get any fresh mango so I had to settle with frozen, hence making the flavor not quite as aromatic as I would've liked. When I give this another try I'll be using fresh mango. Dang, I wish I lived in Taiwan, they have the sweetest, juiciest mangoes there, instead we rely on imported exotic fruits. Ayah, the shortcomings of living in Denmark!
I hope you enjoyed the pictures ^^
13 comments:
wow! it looks very very good! shame i suck at cooking :P
do you know how to make cheesecake/? If so may you make a tutorial please :) you seem like a real good cook.
ooh and do you know how to make gypsy tart? My local supermarket doesn't sell it nomore and I can't find it online.
don't know why i'm asking this when I'm on a diet.
your mango mousse cake is making me hungry xx
An attempt? You could've fooled me! This mango mousse cake is gorgeous and so neatly cut and decorated. Kiwis make such tropical embellishments :) The cake looks so yummy! Sponge cakes are the best! Light, flavorful and absorbing of any flavor.
I hope you had a sweet birthday :)
Beautiful cake!! I'd love to see what you could do with fresh local Oregon ingredients. The strawberries are little bombs of intense flavor right now.
I'm so excited about seeing you as early as NEXT WEEK!!! EEEEK!!!
Did I miss your birthday?? Please let us treat you to a belated birthday dinner!
this looks amazing,hun!
i though you bought it at the store or something. it looks so perfectly yummy.. now i want a slice of cake already!
that looks delish! recipe?
I am so looking forward to your food tutorial :) thank you, you're so generous x]
The cake looks so tasty! I've never had mango mousse cake before, I want some :)
Hello, Chi-Chi, you did a great job. It looks much better than the one in Vancouver. I wish you will own your bakery shop one day.
Uncle Wei-Min
Looking at those pics are enough for making me craving even more! Would try some :)
XO,
BarbieJunk
Thx for the sweet comment! Sure, when I have a chance to Denmark I'll bring 2 bags of mangoes lol xD
Following u now, glad to wait ur next post ;)
XO,
BarbieJunk
omgoshh that cake looks amazing! like something i would purchase at a bakery! great job!!
the mango cake looks really good. Yeah I agree taiwan has some of the best fresh fruits out there! I miss it for the fruit and the food and the shopping all together haha
looks yummy, you must be a brilliant cook!
Post a Comment