Oct 20, 2009

Night Butterfly

Hey Lovelies ^_^


I'm back with an autumn look. I decided to go against "the rules" and do dark eyes and dark lips. In some cases it works imo, when it's not OTT but the colors complement each other it can be pulled off (fingers crossed)

Eyes:

On inner upper lid I applied a medium gray eyeshadow.
A medium violet applied to outer 2/3 of eyelid up to crease.
A light purple applied to inner lower corners.
Dark warm purple applied along outer 2/3 of outer lashline and upper mobile eyelid, slightly defining crease.
Black eyeliner applied thinly on upper lashline.

Lips:
A warm plum/burgundy for dramatic effect.






Thanks for looking! ^^

7 comments:

alien man?! said...

ohhhh myyy goooooddddddddd

I MUST HAVE THAT LIP COLOR

I love this look!! I think it's my favorite FOTD from you yet!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa hellooo beautiful! I love the dark eye/dark lip combo I suits you so nicely, it's perfect for the season too!

Manju said...

i love it! you can really pull it off!rules are meant to be broken anyway, i love dark eyes with red lips.
Btw lady, i'm working on my blogroll and i'll be adding you ^^

izumi said...

lovely! and that red is fab :D

Toothfairy said...

oh nice, the purple looks good on you! it's like a smokey eyes with purple instead of black!

Enjoy the weekend!
*loves*

Shen said...

oohh!! berry wine lips.. :) i love it.. so fall are we already. :)

susan said...

oooooooooo i really like it! i think it works cause the eyes arent too dark but a beautiful orchidy purple! i love it!